An MEF SME is a person who exhibits exceptional and authoritative knowledge in a given topic area. They are an ambassador to the industry and an influencer to peers.
SDWAN SOLUTIONS is the only company in the world to have 2 of the original 12 global SD-WAN Subject Matter Experts available to consult on your project
The purpose of the MEF SME program is to:
- Advance the interests of the MEF through utilisation of talented pool of knowledgeable individuals interested in personal, professional and organizational industry impact
- Increase the transformative influence of SME participation to the industry by their work at the MEF
- Gain efficiencies in the time and effort in the authoring, approval and deployment of MEF standards to the industry.
- Lower project costs, delivering project tasks more quickly, more accurately, and more thoroughly.
- Increase the awareness to the industry of substantial benefits of MEF credentialed SMEs.
“The SME leads and teaches by example, and continues to excel in all aspects of their career having gained unique knowledge, new skills, new working relationships, and the ability to contribute and lead on a larger scale on strategic projects “
Subject Matter Experts are highly regarded:
They are the knowledge foundation for the development, maintenance and ongoing integrity of the MEF Professional Certification exams. SMEs also:
- Provide expertise in specific topic areas, or domains, utilised in the development, review, analysis, approval of exam questions
- Provide efficiency gains in the time and effort in the authoring, approval and deployment of MEF standards to the industry.
- They are a significant asset to the MEF exam vetting process
- Vetted and approved MEF SMEs, having achieved a set threshold for integrity and performance:
- may participate as a reviewer MEF Accredited Training provider (MEF-ATP) course content
- may participate in the development of MEF ProCERT exam certification blueprints, guidelines and standards.
Mentoring for mutual success
A subject matter expert is a leader and is expected to mentor and lead others in the discovery and evolution of a mutually beneficial goal, and is expected to assist others in the development of their own skills. SMEs participate in leading discussions and sessions in areas of their own expertise.