Available as part of OMNIA or as a standalone service
DEVICELESS SASE REMOTE: SD-WAN and security in one solution – The simple, end-to-end secure, easy to manage connectivity solution that enables working from home and remote employees to safely access the internet and their corporate applications & files from anywhere – using any type of connections – delivering zero trust network access, superior application performance, and full reporting.
SASE REMOTE key security features
- Firewall, DLP, IPS, Application Control, IPsec VPN, Antivirus and Anti-Bot. SSL/TLS traffic inspection with traffic forwarding. Optional SandBlast adds Threat Extraction and Threat Emulation for zero-day attacks.
- 100% block rate, 100% malware prevention, 100% exploit resistance and 0% false positives.
- SSL/TLS traffic inspection with traffic forwarding and SNI support for advanced threat prevention inside secure SSL traffic.
- Unified Security Management provides consistent security policy management, enforcement, and reporting for public, private, hybrid-clouds and on-prem networks in a single pane-of-glass.
- Multi-factor authentication (SD-WAN)
- Chacha encryption (SD-WAN)
- Integrated Check Point CloudGuard Firewall
- URL filtering
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Application Control
- ZTNA – Zero touch Network Access
The real benefits of SASE REMOTE
- SASE REMOTE uses multiple connectivity types simultaneously (e.g. Wi-Fi, 4G, broadband) and will fail over in the case of an outage on a connection
- Direct internet breakout from the vendor’s global backbone, optimising cloud and SaaS user experience and negating the need for hair pinning through the corporate datacentre for Internet access
- SASE REMOTE is deviceless – the form factor is a downloadable client which sits directly on the worker’s windows laptop
- Forward error correction to mitigate issues with packet loss, jitter & delay
- Secure, robust connectivity back to the corporate environment or to the Internet
- No VPN concentrator to manage or purchase
- SD-WAN Head-end can use multiple forms of connectivity (including LTE)
- Best path used for each new session opened
- Sub-second failover between connections
- User application can set each individual connection as Enabled / Backup / Disabled for SASE REMOTE
- Simple user setup – email sent to user to download app
- Single pane of glass to see how SD-WAN head-end is performing
- End-to-end secure solution protects users, your data and your network when your staff are working outside of the office
- Traffic logging – full visibility to your users’ access and Internet usage
Eliminate traditional VPN problems
- VPNs cannot limit a user’s access, it is all or nothing.
- Most VPNs have no centralised remote management,
- More VPN connections means more time spent managing the VPN solution
- VPNs rely on keys which change often leading to reconfiguration
- VPN software can only use a single connection
- VPN has a fixed endpoint i.e. a single point of failure
- VPN technology was developed over 25 years ago when business requirements were very different.
Why you need SASE REMOTE
- 90% home workers waste an average 30 minutes daily due to poor networks
- Of those 9 out of 10 people, 12% report losing an hour or more
- 84% of home workers suffer from an unreliable internet connection
- 86% suffer from slow internet speeds
- 8% of workers would consider a purely office-based role
- 48% of workers want to permanently work from home
- 44% of workers want a hybrid remote role
- 70% of workers use work devices for personal use
- Cybercrime cost businesses $1Trillion in 2020 and this figure is rising
SASE REMOTE explained in simple terms
Corporate VPNs were only ever meant to cater for 10 – 15% of staff working off site. But today’s reality is that up to 100% of all staff may be required to work from home or remotely. This is where IT, finance and compliance teams start to uncover problems. Corporate VPNs are labour intensive to manage, expensive to upscale due to the requirement for VPN concentrators and VPN user issues can make a remote worker unproductive for days.
Just like MPLS is not suitable to access Cloud applications, company VPNs were never designed for remote workers. Remote worker VPN support alone is stretching most IT departments to capacity. But these are not the only problems that VPN users face.
Backhauling traffic like Teams, Zoom, SFDC to the VPN concentrator and then on to the Cloud environment adds latency and bottlenecks, slow VPN speed frustrates workers and lowers productivity PLUS some workers have limited Internet access at home, frequent service interruptions and have to share Internet with the rest of their household.
SASE REMOTE from SDWAN Solutions eliminates all the problems above with a deviceless SD-WAN remote user solution. All the benefits of SD-WAN, integration with Check Point cloud security, and all the functionality of a secure VPN with less problems, more efficiency and better performance.
SASE REMOTE is a software client that is downloaded onto users’ mobile phone and windows PC simply by IT teams assigning user licenses using corporate email addresses. It’s as easy as that.
While SDWAN REMOTE automatically provides encrypted access back to the corporate network, and by combining intelligent session-based path steering with dynamic link conditioning, boosts the performance of latency sensitive applications, SASE REMOTE does the same but includes integration with Check Point security – for end to end protection. Users can work from anywhere, using any connectivity available and bonding different connections to boost access,